Thursday, September 3, 2015

Here's to Senior Year: Dorm Decor Edition



All moved back in at college and ready to take on senior year! Packing and moving into my dorm room the past three years has been a pretty stressful ordeal and I never seem to feel at home until my room is complete with wall decorations. This year I have the pleasure to live in a house with four other of my close friends, and bonus, we each got our own room! Thus, this time around I have more wall space to fill and can rearrange all the furniture. Before even arriving I had a vision in my head of what I wanted my room to look like, and this was basically centered on the theme of “butterfly fairy world” with some twinkle lights thrown in. Basing my decorations around the colors of my room, which include purple, pink, and aquamarine, I decided to get some new wall hangings and pile together all of my old cards, postcards, and pictures to hang up (à la Pinterest style). 



In addition, I already had the flags I had made from my old Lilly Pulitzer planner. These flags were actually the first things I hung up, and they went on my door. 


Next I turned to the blank wall next to my bed and here I arranged my fairy calendar from Barnes and Nobel, two wall canvases I had gotten from Francesca's over the summer, a print from Paper Source(a stationary and paper store that I just discovered and am IN LOVE with!) and a pair of butterfly wings I’ve had for years. Little side note here: I popped into a Paper Source store two days before coming back to school and I literally wanted everything in the store. I had piles of notebooks, prints, and mugs in my hand, and finally settled on sparkly gold wall flags and a print. But let me tell, you, it was a hard decision. Anyways, back to what I was saying…I love the way this came together to create the vibe of my room! The colors compliment each other beautiful and I feel as if my room is a great representation of my personality, bubbly, bright, happy, and colorful..and full of quotes! 




I even happened to find on of my favorite Dr. Seuss quotes, "Why fit in when you were born to stand out" on a wall canvas at Francesca's! I love seeing this right when I wake up as it gives me motivation for the day. 


While there is no way I can choose a favorite section of my decorations, I have to say that the  part over my desk holds a special place in my heart.






What’s your dorm room décor style? How do you like to decorate?


~ Monique ~

No comments:

Post a Comment