Sunday, December 20, 2015

Henna Hands: An Art Form

 I love love henna and henna designs. The flower designs are my personal favorite, but in reality they are all beautiful. Henna is a great expression of creativity and beautiful combinations of patters; it is truly an art form. It’s both crazy and amazing how just a simple combination of different lines and dots can make something that spectacular and intricate. I mean, if you love drawing and flowers you will most likely like henna. If not love. Plus they’re temporary so you don’t have to worry about making any big life decisions.

I have had henna done a bunch of times before but had never done it myself or on another person until last weekend! My friend got the Namaste Treasures Henna Kit from the Namaste Collective in Australia (they can be found at @namaste_collective and namastecollective.com) so we had a chance to experiment with different designs. This particular henna also happened to be all natural and vegan, double bonus! 

The application of the henna turned out to be pretty easy, all you need is a steady hand and a design to follow. However, choosing just one or two designs is the hard part! Just scrolling through the Namaste Collective’s Instagram makes you basically want to try all of the designs! Once we had finally chosen our designs and applied the henna I think I spent the next hour just staring at the flower on my arm in awe and thinking how cool it would be to have henna everyday. Yep, that’s how my mind works. It is sad to say that the henna flower is starting to wear away from me washing my hands, but I’m excited to try a new design next time!

Do you have a favorite henna design? Let me know!


~ Monique ~

No comments:

Post a Comment