Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Travel Inspiration: World of Wanderlust


Did I ever tell you what inspired me to start blogging? 
Well, it was a combination of a bunch of different factors, but one particular was that last year I discovered the World of Wanderlust blog run by Brooke Saward. I initially found her through Instagram (@worldwanderlust) and then started to follow her blog (www.worldofwanderlust.com) and YouTube channel. 
I have to confess when I first discovered the World of Wanderlust Instagram account I think I sent a good hour just scrolling back through every single picture and dreaming in awe of all the places Brooke’s travelled to. This is when I seriously considered taking up blogging. I have so many travel stories and photos from past adventures that I wanted a platform to share them on!

I still remember sitting on the subway, a few months after I had first discovered World of Wanderlust, telling my mom about how I just wanted to take a year off and travel, taking a leaf out of Brooke’s book.

I had always loved photography and taking pictures, but had never really thought of it as part of a profession, never considered the fact that being a travel blogger/travel writer was an actual real life job until I found the World of Wanderlust blog. And let me tell you, I was blown away impressed, particularly that Brooke is not much older than me (only a few years!), the she has built her own brand and travelled to so many places I myself want to one day visit! So until I get the chance, I will be living vicariously though Brooke’s photos and stories.


So thank you, Brooke, for inspiring me to want to share my adventures and go make more; for showing me that being a solo traveller is okay and can change your life. I truly believe that you have to travel to find yourself, and that is what I intend on doing (shhh just don’t tell anyone ;))

In the mean time I have been trying to share and write down my own stories from past travels to London, Oxford, Scotland, Paris, Berlin, and all around Italy!
There are still so many places on my list! Amsterdam, Ireland, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Iceland, New Zealand, Australia, Hawaii, Greece, other cities in England and Germany, Israel, this list goes on and on!
“I’ve left my heart in so many places” is a quote that I feel I connect with on a deep level. Every time I travel somewhere, specifically London and Berlin, I feel as if a part of me belongs there and once I’m back home I feel as if I have left part of myself behind. As much as it hurts to leave and I want to keep going back to the same places I have to push myself to go to new places so that I can keep checking places off my list! 

What’s on your travel list? If you could travel to one place that you’ve never been before where would it be?

Let me know!


~ Monique ~

No comments:

Post a Comment