Thursday, October 29, 2015

Last Minute Halloween Costumes


If you’re bad at planning in advance for Halloween costumes like me here are some easy last minute costume ideas!

Now don’t get me wrong, just because I didn’t plan a costume doesn’t mean I don’t love Halloween, because Halloween is for sure one of my favorite holidays! Okay, maybe not the scary haunted house spooky ghost side of Halloween (it has been proven that if you take me into a haunted house be prepared for me to squeeze your hand so tight in terror that it will feel broken), but I sure do love the more magical and, well, kid-friendly version. Not forgetting that Halloween means it ‘s finally socially acceptable to watch the best movie of all time, Hocus Pocus! Plus the chocolate. Always the chocolate.

Anyways, back to the whole no costume situation. I love hearing what other people are going to be for Halloween because there are some really creative costumes out there that I would never be able to think of. Additionally, Halloween costumes are a way for your humor and personality to shine, and so it’s always interesting to see what people come up with!

In the past I have dressed up as a witch multiple times (because obviously…and Hocus Pocus), a ballerina (when I was really little), a genie (one of my favorites!), and a cat. Once I even wore all purple and told people I was a grape…not my best idea in retrospect. Since I dressed up as a cat last year and still have the cat ear headband I was considering being a cat again (since it’s pretty easy, all you need is some black clothes, black eyeliner to draw whiskers on your cheeks, and red lipstick if you want to get fancy), but I still wanted to keep my options open so I turned to Google and Pinterest. By golly there are a lot of Halloween costume options!

Here were some of my favorite finds:

The Queen of Hearts
All you have to do is wear a plain outfit, preferably black, and cut out red and pink hearts to stick all over you. Add a crown and voilà, you’re done!
Eloise at The Plaza
This one is a personal favorite just because I loved the Eloise books and movies. To complete this costume you simply need a white shirt, black skirt, black suspenders and a red ribbon to tie in your hair as a headband.
A Flower Child: 
Another personal favorite (I can’t choose, they’re all too good!) just wear a flower crown, big earrings, and a long flower skirt/shirt combo or dress, and maybe even some face paint.   
A Tourist
Ah who wouldn’t want to dress up as the stereotypical tourist for Halloween? Just grab some socks and sandals, a big hat, fanny pack, Hawaiian shirt, a map held upside-down, and a camera to hand around your neck and you’re all set!
Where’s Waldo
I think this has got to be one of the easiest costumes since all you really need to wear is blue jeans, a red and white stripped shirt, a red hat and some glasses.

These ideas came from some of my googling finds last night and website articles on easy and creative Halloween costumes, so I’ll paste them down below in case you wanted to check them out!

11 Punny Halloween Costumes:

10 Homemade Halloween Costumes You Can Make From Things You Already Have:


10 Easy Halloween Costumes You Can Make With Things You Already Own:

Lauren Conrad: Hocus Pocus:

31 Halloween Costumes that Require Absolutely No Skill:
  
Let me know what you end up dressing up as this Halloween!


~ Monique ~

No comments:

Post a Comment